E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Multiple Error Codes

05-08-2024, 08:48 PM   #1
velaslm
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 335i Coupe

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.00]
Multiple Error Codes

Done lots of performance and maintenance upgrades to my n54. Recently scanned with pro tools and got a list of codes but little to no videos or info on some of these codes online. If anyone has had em before and was able to resolve the help would be appreciated.

Junction Box
9C69 Rear Cabin Stratification Adjuster
A6E5 Fuel-Level Sensor Right

Fuel Pump
6293 Control Current Too High

Engine
2DED Power Management, Closed-Circuit Current Violation

Cluster
931A Fuel-Level Sensor, Right
A559 Dashboard: Voltage Supply Has Been Switched Off (Standby Current Cutoff Relay)
      05-11-2024, 04:26 AM   #2
Eoin92
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 330i n53

Looks like a short circuit in the fuel pump / level sensor (I think they are both connected to the tank under the rear seat causing drain while the car is off.

...no expert here btw, just navigating some series of errors in mine with Protools too, so anyone jumping in to correct me is welcomed
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 04:27 AM   #3
Eoin92
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

Best guess would be shorting at the level sensor to ground / positive. I read those sensors can fail, and it's probably the easiest/ cheapest to replace.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 04:29 AM   #4
Eoin92
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

...if anyone knows of a Protools sub thread I'd be interested in contributing and reading how others are using this app.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 04:33 AM   #5
Eoin92
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by velaslm View Post
Done lots of performance and maintenance upgrades to my n54. Recently scanned with pro tools and got a list of codes but little to no videos or info on some of these codes online. If anyone has had em before and was able to resolve the help would be appreciated.

Junction Box

Fuel Pump

Engine

Cluster
A559 Dashboard: Voltage Supply Has Been Switched Off (Standby Current Cutoff Relay)

I'd recommend installing ISTA it will give you the circuit diagram and connectors images to help with the debugging of that short.

If you can't install it I have it installed here, but don't fully know how to get you the images, can you share the last 7 characters of your VIN? Myself or others can try to pull the images for you
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 07:36 AM   #6
velaslm
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 335i Coupe

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin92 View Post
I'd recommend installing ISTA it will give you the circuit diagram and connectors images to help with the debugging of that short.

If you can't install it I have it installed here, but don't fully know how to get you the images, can you share the last 7 characters of your VIN? Myself or others can try to pull the images for you
P158674
      05-11-2024, 09:41 AM   #7
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by velaslm View Post
... scanned with pro tools and got a list of codes:
Junction Box
Fuel Pump
Engine
Cluster
Any modification to Instrument Cluster or Fuel Pump?
Reading Fault Codes is just the FIRST Step. Second Step is (a) "Freeze Frame Data" related to a Fault Code & (b) Live
Data where you observe the signal as received by the Module that has that code in Fault Memory. I use INPA & ISTA,
but NOT ProTool. INPA/ISTA can do BOTH of those things. I presume ProTool can too?

Picking ONE fault to address at a time: Right Fuel Level Sensor. Actually you have BOTH JBE & KOMBI codes for that
issue, as Fuel Level Sensors are connected ("Hard-wired") to JBE, which sends data to KOMBI via Bus. Attached is
"Warning & Indicator Lights" wiring diagram for your 2009 N54. I also attach ISTA ScreenPrints of Connector Locations &
Connector Views, so you can test the wiring with Multimeter. Please let us know if you want suggestions on HOW to test.

FF Data for either A6E5 or 931A may offer additional clues. Live Data will show signal value from EACH of the TWO
Fuel Level Sensors. KOMBI Fuel Gauge shows TOTAL of two Sensor Values. If you can't read those values using ProTool, use
"Hidden Menu 6.00" per this link, to display values on Instrument Cluster:
https://www.carsaddiction.com/articl...er-hidden-menu

A "0", or nearly-zero reading from the Right Tank Level Sensor can be caused by wiring issue, leaking float, bad sensor, etc.

When you post back, it would be helpful to describe "Symptoms" or issues with a particular system, such as gas gauge
reads "LOW", never over 1/2 tank, etc. If ProTool will display Live Data, you can view pump voltage and current (Amps),
as well as Pump Speed. You can also Trigger or Activate the Pump and view HOW it responds to target Delivery Rate & Speed.
George
Attached Images

Appreciate 0