cardsdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdoc View Post
I've said this before. I really hate all the games that go into car buying/leasing. I would love for the process to be just like buying off Amazon. No haggling and the price is the price. Of course that may lead to impulse car buying.
There are plenty of no haggle car dealerships. The prices are almost universally lower than MSRP and higher than most people can negotiate.

Buying a car and negotiating a fair price is far easier now than it ever has been. As buyers we have so much data available to us that as long as you are informed and have a little bit of tenacity to hold up under a bit of counter pressure you can get a good deal every time.
Yes this is all true. After 6 leases and all the internet resources available I've been able to get very good deals on cars except maybe the first or second time I did it. Some people truly enjoy the negotiating process, my father and father in law included. While I can get a good deal I don't enjoy it and would much rather it be a stress free simple process like buying off Amazon where the price advertised is it. You can choose another retailer if you find a better price but there is no negotiating involved and you are not wondering if you could have convinced Amazon or somewhere else to sell it to you cheaper. I know I may be in the minority but just the way I feel.