View Single Post
      02-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #13
2007_E93
Captain
Rep
Drives: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas View Post
find a switched power source. or wire in a relay that when power is applied to another fuse it throws the relay and kills power to sensor. just talking a guess not sure if it would work. remove power from sensor and see if still throws symbol
I have,...it does not throw symbol when there is no power to motion sensor. However, what is a source that has power with the car off and NO power with the car ignition on. The only one I know of is the alarm. Thats fuse 19 (where its hooked up to) and it definitely still has power when ignition is on. Despite that the alarm does not sound while I'm driving and motion is detected. Therefore, it MUST have some sort of relay/switch as you say. WHERE??? I wish I could find it.

I have traced the wires through the firewall and then it becomes spaghetti wrapped in electrical tape under the driver's footwell. I'm trying to aquire a wiring diagram for the car and alarm. I have the one posted in the forum from the .pdf file of the E90 DIY alarm retrofit (page 6 of that file) but it is lacking in important details.
Appreciate 0