View Single Post
      12-29-2020, 03:18 PM   #57
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I fear it will fall by the wayside with the likes of the M4CS--- where BMWNA had to subsidize leases to get the cars off dealer lots. Its a crazy price point for the regular M5 buyer IMHO. Forum members are not the masses or price point determinants. The Panny Turbo (not S's) are in the 180k range and the S is even more and those cars sit like paperweights. Porsche dealers take these cars in allocation so they can get more 911's and they offset their losses with the profits there. The Panny at 135k is a great price. The AMG GT63S is another example of a polarizing car that has no business costing 180k plus.

Of course there will be a few that have to first on the block to have it but I dont see the appeal or demand to offset that price point (that all are guessing is circa 150). Case in point, the majestic M8 coupe at 160k msrps are selling like shit. Heck I bought mine for 103k with 1700 miles on it. The price delta on these cars are just off.
Vic,
Ive missed something, has your M5 gone in place of an M8 ?, how do you find it compared etc ?.
Appreciate 0