View Single Post
      01-15-2020, 12:34 PM   #9
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middy2000 View Post
They seem to move a little under pressure but I can't find any clips holding them on. I've bought some wrap and am going to give it a go with them still fitted although if your expert can't do it I don't hold out any hope.
Suppose I could spray them.
My guy is meticulous. It could be that a reasonable wrap job might be doable, but he won't settle for that. The problem was fitting the blade properly at the back to trim exactly to fit.

The silver part seems quite integral to the black surround...perhaps a one-time attachment at the fascia supplier. The entire black part also seems very secure to the body color fascia. I don't see a safe/easy removal for that.

Perhaps careful masking and spray is the best solution. Realistically, the top and front edge are all that are needed. Who will see the bottom? My concern would be a paint product resistant to chips, given the forward-looking location. Perhaps, Plastidip? Do they make a black gloss? Any paint experts here?
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0