11-04-2019, 09:03 AM   #19
Sussex_G20
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post
My app hadn't changed it's readings for my 330e since 20/10/19 so emailed BMW Connected Drive.

Their response is below, followed the steps and it has worked.

'Good Morning James

Thank you for your email.

The issue you're experiencing is a known problem affecting some of our customers. I would recommend to perform our temporary workaround which is to perform a Communication Unit Reset. You would need to:
- Ensure the vehicle's engine is running
- Press and hold the volume button for 30 seconds until the display blackens.

This will then trigger a reset of the head unit, there are no side effects other than the cancellation of active navigation routing and the interruption of ongoing phone calls.

Once this is done I would recommend deleting and reinstalling the app, and then to perform a service update within your vehicle – this is to synchronise your BMW Connected app/ConnectedDrive account. Steps are below:

· Press 'Menu' button
· Click on 'Apps' or 'ConnectedDrive'
· Click 'Options' button (next to your iDrive controller) Scroll & select 'Update apps and services' or 'Update BMW Services' click to update.

Please allow up to 24 hours for these changes to take effect. I hope this helps to rectify the issue, please inform me of the outcome so I can look at escalating this further. In the meantime if there's anything else I can help with please get back in touch.

Kind Regards
BMW ConnectedDrive'

Mine hadn't updated since the start of September. Many calls to Connected Drive and emails too, to no avail.

Tried this this morning when I read the post. All sprang to life and updated. I did not reinstall app or re add the car it worked straight after reset and performing service update
Appreciate 1