View Single Post
      09-22-2021, 09:13 PM   #43
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 323i and 2016 535d

VERY nicely done!

"The "POP-POP-POP-POP" 95% of the time sounds great. But when you realize that it is the SAME sound, every time, you feel that it is less organic and really all computer generated, which can be a tad annoying."

This is how I feel about the pops'n bangs I hear from most "modern" cars. It's all very digital, very predictable.

I have an '02 ZO6 Corvette which is nothing too special these days, but man does it sound good. Stock titanium mufflers with full headers/x-pipe, it screams. One of the coolest things about the sound is the odd gunshot it lets out on a big downshift. They come so randomly and so infrequently that when you do get one it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

I find few things as cheesy as a new car that consistently crackles and pops as the driver negotiates a crowded mall parking lot. Really?

Anyways, rant off. Your car looks incredible, I'm sure it drives every bit as well as you claim, and it's so nice to see someone who has worked hard and earned their stuff. Bravo, and congratulations!
Appreciate 3
FSHNGRY2343.00
meko178.50