07-18-2016, 12:44 PM   #65
JRobUSC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Gray 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
There is so much that can go right with this car, but something tells me that based on the recent years at BMW, there is going to be more wrong with it. This could end up being the e46 M3 sedan they missed out on, but they will probably let history repeat itself. The thing that I just cant understand is that with all the incredible reviews the M2 is getting, for them to refuse to give us a sedan version would be an abomination. I can't imagine them not giving a shit about enthusiasts any less than that.

I've switched over the e46fanatics and am doing my homework on how to build a proper e46 M sedan. BMW, this is your opportunity to either get my money, or lose me to an S3 sedan or secondhand market.
I never understand when people say things like that. "If you don't make your thing the way I want you to make it, which is different than the way everything else in the segment is, then I'm going to go buy this other thing that also isn't the way I want it and in fact is exactly what I'm mad about your thing." It makes no sense. The S3 is a transverse engine, FWD-based car too, so if Audi can make the A3 and S3 handle well there's no reason BMW couldn't do the same thing with a 1-Series sedan. And from what we've read, it'll be roomier than the A3/S3, as well, and look like it's proportioned properly and not like a weird, snub nosed, truncated A4. So I don't see the problem. In fact the ONLY problem I see is BMW isn't planning on bringing the car here. And that is simply mind boggling. Audi and Mercedes sell 2000-3000 A3's and CLA's a month in the U.S., and BMW has no answer. If BMW took 1000 from each of them they'd be #1 in sales right now.
Appreciate 1