View Single Post
      07-04-2016, 10:41 AM   #2
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

[QUOTE=Dat Aus;20204548]I've spent the past hour searching this forum but can't find what I'm looking for.

I have style 261s with 225/40/18 front and 255/35/18 rear. I want to go up to a 235 in the front soon. The car is lowered on Eibach springs.

I just want to get the wheels a bit more flush. No poke. I don't mind rolling the guards but I don't want any rubbing if possible (been there and done that).

What size spacer should I go for? I was thinking 7mm front and 10mm rear? I really have little idea how it works when it comes to wheel fitment. Any help would be appreciated.
QUOTE]

I have a Bilstein B12 kit w/ Dinan plates up front, this kit uses Eibach springs and I'm planning to add some spacers for the same purpose. My tires are also the same size. The key difference is the camber plates give me more room up front for a larger spacer and also an extra 5mm of height. But the rears will be the same as your car.

If you can wait a few days while my spacers come in I will let you know my results. For the front, a 7mm spacer would leave you a very small "lip" for hubcentric fitment, so it's generally considered a bad idea. If you knock out the alignment pins for some extra camber up front you might be able to fit a hubcentric 10mm spacer at the front with no rubbing. For the rear the camber amount also matters, so try to get as much negative camber within the factory ranges.

Lastly - I would strongly recommend upgrading your dampers, that will also help prevent rubbing under load/dips/bumps as your stock dampers are quite weak especially if you've upgraded your springs already. It's always better to do both damper and spring rather than just dampers.
Appreciate 0