10-08-2021, 03:27 PM   #57
irablumberg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by will0621 View Post
1. Was about $1100 after tax for installation. The local bmw dealer would not let me provide my own kit, which I got at a significant discount vs what they wanted to charge. Another dealer wanted $2400 for labor. I went with an independent shop that was familiar with suspension setups on German cars. Autocouture was my other possibility but 2.5 hours away.

2. Automotive performance turning in PA

3. Ride quality does not feel rough at all. It’s hard to describe but it feels firmer and stiffer but the comfort and ride quality has not suffered. I do have the lci which has the m8 dampers.

4. I would say I do notice that the steering feels sharper and more direct, but have not driven it too many miles as of yet. The car definitely feels more planted and responsive so far to me.

5. No issues that I can foresee other than I will see if there is any rubbing once I get the spacers. Will also be changing to 285/295 35 20s once I get a set of 20 inch HREs in the next month or two.
Thank you.

My local BMW dealer won't touch any non-BMW parts, so I will need to find an independent installer as well.

At this point I will probably wait until spring as I don't see much value in an upgraded suspension just in time to install the winter tires ;-).

In any case, the Dinan kit does look very promising.
Appreciate 0