01-07-2016, 10:15 PM   #324
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Indeed you do not.

There are brands that have similar offerings but are more reliable and offer cheaper maintenance. All of these extrinsic factors are part of my decision making process as well as the intrinsic factors such as pure fun. Lexus SUVs almost never break. They are much cheaper to acquire per comparable model and are dull as dishwater.

I hope this simple example helps you.
It helps me understand that I don't get your logic.

Are you trying to say that you will buy a dull as dishwater Lexus SUV over an X5 because BMW reduced its free maintenance from 4 to 3 years while Lexus does not have a 4 year free maintenance program? Really? Given your self-proclaimed passion for great car purchases, I call BS. You are not likely to leave BMW over this move. I can hear you now at your next social party in your neighborhood; "I showed those idiots at BMW who dared to reduce their free maintenance coverage. I went and bought a brand new dull as dishwater Lexus SUV." Your audience asks, "oh, is the Lexus maintenance program better?". You say, "No, actually its worse but that's not the point. I've decided to drive dull as dishwater appliance to show BMW that they can't mess with me and take away free stuff." I just don't see this conversation happening. In the end of the day, you will buy what you want. That may be a Lexus, but your logic for making the switch has to be more than a year of free maintenance. Time will tell. Let us know when you actually vote with your feet. Good luck.
Appreciate 0