View Single Post
      08-07-2021, 07:53 PM   #33
brad65ford
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjackson View Post
You'd need to do 9 second flat in quarter mile to be comparable.. I guess you could if you get hybrid turbos and built motor lol. I think for gas cars to beat a plaid in acceleration for cheap, you could go with a TTRS, they can smoke the plaid with just a turbo upgrade.

Incorrect. It takes a lot of money to make an rs3 or ttrs into the low 9's and even more into the 8's, more than people think.. well.... to do it right anyway. Stock rods are soft and can't handle more than 600 ftlb of torque, many have destroyed their motors attempting to run 9's on stock block, if you want to turn up the power the motor needs to be build, and clutches, fuel system etc... I have a fully built RS3 myself so I know whats involved. For reference one of Iroz's really fast customer's rs3 just went up for sale, believe it just tapped into the high 8's. Its selling for 200k, most likely won't get it but 150k+ is what it can go for easy. Give a look at the used R8/Hur twin turbo builds and they are going for 250+ easy. All that time, money and energy to which anyone can assure you they don't drive like stock anymore plus you have to run race fuel or similar, stripped all its weight, light weight parts, smaller brakes, removing seats just to achieve those performance numbers oh and don't forget a loud ass exhaust you wouldn't want to drive daily etc.. In the end just get a plaid or what ever else is coming out similarly in the next 5-10 years will be beyond impressive.

Nothing really can compared to the plaid in regards to stock, quiet and repeatable performance like that.

Last edited by brad65ford; 08-07-2021 at 08:03 PM..
Appreciate 1