11-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
BM91
Captain
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2012 Mercedes E550 Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormE91 View Post
You know the bubble itself doesn't look too bad in the pic, but the bead, or whatever it's called, isn't even at all along the edge of the rim.

I guess it comes down to your risk aversion. You could be good for 1000 miles, or 10. The fact that the TPMS is on is somewhat concerning to me, and the way the tire lines up on the wheel rim doesn't look right to me either.

Runflats are kinda cool, I know when I had a flat is was nice to be able to get to work without changing a tire on the side of the road in the rain. They also seem kinda fragile at the same time... Trade offs I guess.
Im not 100% sure if this is the exact one that the shop suspected, I found this when I got back home and inspected it myself. (hopefully there isnt one in the inner) I have gotten the TPSM warning on the same wheel back in May the day before I left overseas as well. And again on Saturday. I wonder whether the bubble was there back in the Spring. Not sure if this does any good but the mechanic reseted the warning and put back air again. I'll see if the TPSM gives me another warning. I guess I would consider it very serious when the TPSM warning would go on again.
Appreciate 0