View Single Post
      08-14-2017, 02:03 PM   #29
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
No matter what they say or what people "feel", the fact will always remain that ZF8's will be slower than DCT's. Then if we compare to Porsche PDK's, I'm sure even this newly tuned ZF8 in the F90 M5 will seem like a sloth in shifting times.

And so you are also saying that the new side view mirror design for the M5 looking very similar to the F80 M3's side view design doesn't bother you either? Haha! This is a bit ridiculous to me. Can't they make anything bespoke anymore?! Give the side view mirrors on the M5 their own look, just as they have always had dammit!
Haven't thought about the mirrors yet. I did remember seeing a lot of whiners on the board when the F10 came out complaining about the mirrors and no CF roof. Now they get them and others don't like it. We already know you can't satisfy 100% of the population so let's be happy with what they are giving us. Ultimately, the car will stomp all over Audi and Benz.
If that transmission has slower shifting times than DCT then I owe you a beer, but if it's faster you are buying me one. Deal?
Here is a good reference for the trans:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission

Keep in mind there are several different versions of it and BMW improved a lot from the last version.