View Single Post
      02-01-2016, 05:44 AM   #7
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdu3
First, I apologize in advance because I know I can probably find the answers to these questions by reading through the forum. However, I'm sort of on a tight timeline and hope someone can help me out.

I'm in a market for a new car. Used to have a 335i and was only starting to look at the used M4s and a few other cars. Have been off the forums for a while and didn't pay attention to the M2. Saw it yesterday at DC auto show and loved it. Went to my BMW dealer today and have the opportunity to get on the allocation list at MSRP with $1,000 refundable deposit. I want to get this taken care of tomorrow before I miss my window.

Here is where I need some info. The dealer to told me that they aren't able to order the car yet, as in it's not in the system. However, I see some of you already got your order, pricing and tentative build date. What am I missing?

Second, I would be number 6 on the waiting list. The dealer explained that once they got to me I would place the order and wait two months or so to get the car. However, they get these allocations later on and only 1 or 2 per month so it would be a while before that happens. Does that sounds correct?

MSRP oddly sounds like a good deal on this car. What else am I missing or should know before I get on this list?

Again, thanks for your help!!!
Call around to dealers nationwide. I'm #2 on a list. Got on it last week.
Appreciate 0