View Single Post
      05-01-2019, 10:30 AM   #97
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Porsche HAS to fix the toggle shifter and shiny plastic. Neither belongs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
991.2 interior always shocks me when I get in them. Interior does nothing for me in pics but feels great when you sit in it as long as it's specced with full leather.

992 interior had the same effect btw, pics are awful. Felt excellent in person (other than the stupid shiny plastic on the center console which is awful. Felt like the cheap haptic plastic in caddy's but with no haptic buttons)
Good post.

As I said in my write-up - one of the reasons why I went 991.2 versus waiting for the 992 was the 992's interior. I do not like it (but being fair - from pictures). I think it was a mistake to not at least frame the digital gauges (which are from the 70's 911 Porsche), the tiny shifter that looks like a shaver was a mistake - and I feel the shiny plastic makes the car look too gadgety for a Porsche and somewhat cheap. I do like the 992 exterior though (mostly). Front and sides are great. Rear - I am not sure about the single tail light, I like the hips being more rounded, the rear window does not taper in like it does on the 991 so the extra width is not as noticeable, and the non-Turbo cars have the exhaust spaced out (which I believe looks better). I have a feeling the last of the analog gauges 911 may add some value in time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Porsche HAS to fix the toggle shifter and shiny plastic. Neither belongs.
I think most will be pleasantly surprised with 992 interior in person. It really did make the 991 feel a bit outdated. Even the nubbin shifter didn't bother me in the flesh... just the stupid plastic around it. Otherwise the interior felt very high quality.
Appreciate 0