Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Hmmm, no... I don't think you do.

I've no idea why you would label me 'biased'. Seriously, on what do you base it? I speak my mind to the point of irritating others and I often make insanely & blindly-supportive obviously-biased comments (subjective, but they're obvious to me) in the name of sarcasm, e.g. Comp vs Base discussions... to me, that's all banter.

I have often commented that my M5's interior is 'meh' compared to my AMG's... albeit more functional and satisfying in its performance. I've said similar things of my RS7's aging interior and certainly of its transmission (all were comments made at the time I owned them). I criticize without bias where I feel it's deserved. I compliment using the same philosophy (well, I sure as hell try).

So here's that same philosophy: you make a habit of sarcastically-disguised but nonetheless obvious jabs--I don't usually care but this one irritates me because it's the one thing that I see everywhere on the forums that truly annoys me and it's the one that I try so hard to *not* be and yet...
LP - I don't think there is any jabbing. Liking something is subjective. I like the E63S interior in pictures - blown away actually - and did not like it in real life. I love my M5 CE interior - likely because it is more old school. I do think it takes being in a car for a bit to know for sure. And for the record I do not think you are biased. I am not either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
And yet, we both love you. Go figure.

TTS is an interesting animal vs the F90. Technowise, the F90 is in a different world, but the TTS has "enough" for me. The PDK with a 5600rpm 2 step makes me laugh every time I use it. My wife loves it. 1.58 sixties on pavement is insane. Icing on the cake is 10.46 at 131mph....that was more than I expected because of the 580hp rating and watching vids of those cars run. It makes perfect sense that Porsche would only pay the EPA, TUV, etc, etc certs for one tune since they were only going to produce 500 Exclusives and even less 2019 TTS's. You don't get in trouble with higher than rated HP. My only gripe is two rattles. One major at the speaker in the A pillar (which I will remove and solve) and one very minor "thump" in the rear like a hose not secured that hits the body over expansion joints that I can live with. I Enjoy driving both.
^Well said. Tech is less - less creature comforts (massage seats) - but there is something special about the Turbo S - maybe its differences - that make it stand out to me. I love both - but they are very different cars for me and make me feel very differently when driving them (which I think is a good thing). I have been lucky - at least so far - with no noises that I can hear anyway. I have a preliminary review on Rennlist.
991.2 interior always shocks me when I get in them. Interior does nothing for me in pics but feels great when you sit in it as long as it's specced with full leather.

992 interior had the same effect btw, pics are awful. Felt excellent in person (other than the stupid shiny plastic on the center console which is awful. Felt like the cheap haptic plastic in caddy's but with no haptic buttons)
Appreciate 0