View Single Post
      09-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #15
mdriverSD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2 6MT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrbri View Post
I installed my Hawk HPS 5.0 pads about a week ago. For the racetrack, I decided on PFC-08 racing pads.

First, the Hawks...they are a definite upgrade over stock. Better bite and brake feel. No squeaking at all (they have shims and counterweights, just like the factory pads). Brake dust seems to be less. I did an auto X with the Hawks and they performed even better when warmed up a bit. All in all, great street pad.

PFC-08. I've run Pagid RS19, RS7 on my E90 M3;Pagid RS29 and RSL-1 on the M4. All are expensive but they are a very good race pad. Good release, good bite, and unbelievable endurance (I usually get 3-5 track days out of these Pagid pads...before I discard. FYI...I ditch them when below 50% remaining for a variety of reasons). The PFC 08 I wanted to try and commit to for this set of rotors. After a one-day session at LRP, I'm delighted with them. Very very good bite, excellent endurance (barely looked worn after 1 day of 4 sessions on track). They scrape the bedded pad material off the rotor when cold, seemingly better than the Pagid RS29...so the rotor was ready for my street pads the next day. Installed the Hawks and no brake judder, etc. Perfect!

More feedback to come.
-Brian

Wow this is great to hear that the Hawk HPS 5.0 pads are better than the stock pads!!! The dust is so bad with the stock pads. I'm probably going to get a set very soon.
Appreciate 0