View Single Post
      12-28-2018, 09:40 PM   #52
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
With all the tech in the M5 it is hounds down the better daily. Heck I don't even have a front facing camera much less surround view in the turbo and no heads-up display, The turbo does have rear wheel steering which makes maneuvering quite easy and of course cornering at the track is phenomenal.

If I were not tracking the turbo 10-12 times a year it would be an easy decision to get the M5C. The turbo never sweats. I'm up over 150 mph in 3 areas at RA and well over 160 mph before braking into turn one every lap, lap after lap and the turbo never sweats. ( although I do

Bottom line for me is that the turbo feels more special because of what it doesn't have and what it can do on track. I run with GT3s on fast tracks like Road America, Autobahn Country Club, Mid Ohio, Road Atlanta, etc. Many racers give me the nod when they see what a turbo can do and that I drive it 1000 miles and back to do it. I've done the same in my F10 just not quite as fast. 😎
I did a Porsche Experience where we did ride alongs with instructors going hard in Turbos around Barber, lap after lap in 90 degree weather; later doing launch control a dozen times in a row. The car did it without skipping a beat.

That experience alone convinced me to buy my own. These are tough cars with vicious performance.
Appreciate 2
vtknight966.50
soooma1379.00