View Single Post
      09-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #4
2GPP
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 335i M Sport

Correct 2.9 Bar is what BMW recommend according to the info chart on the door pillar. 3.3 Bar 5 up with luggage!!The tyre fitter was shocked they should be so high and recommended a lower pressure...however I guess BMW know best. I think I will increase the pressures a bit now the car is all balanced and see what it is like. currently though it is fine - I have only done about 800 miles mixed driving in last week and it seems fine...although I was past the wear indicator on my previous Bridgestones (16k miles)!!
As I said I could not get any Bridgestones not even from BMW and so ended up paying more for the Michelins - £230 each (including VAT and fitting) and they ended up balancing the wheels all round and check the tracking for no additional cost. Still mighty expensive for tyres though!! Made even worse when the wife thinks she should get a couple of new outfits cause of how much I spent on some "stupid tyres"!!
I would recommend palying a bit with the pressures and checking your gauge is still accurate.
You got me thinking I need to probaly increase my pressures!