View Single Post
      03-04-2018, 10:59 PM   #6
Zel335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335I Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHMartinMD View Post
So DINAN finally released an axle back exhaust for the M550i. I ordered it on Friday and should have it installed this week. I skipped the springs and ride quality package because I was concerned it might lower the car a little too much, and I have only seen one thread regarding it. Also spoke directly to DINAN and we should anticipate a bolt-on x-pipe to complete the cat-back exhaust (eliminating the resonators), as well as a stage 1 tune, within 90 days. Excited to get the full catback plus a tune, but wondering if the springs are worth it. Anybody have experience so far?
I did ride in the Dinan M550I and the suspension is amazing among other things. You lose the lack of road feel for feeling the bumps, not excessive at all. They told me that some of the waves in the road you would never feel but with the suspension you now get a sense of them. Past that, it was drove so hard through the back roads of CA, but never had an issue. I really doubt most will drive this car as hard as it was to be concerned about lowering it.
Appreciate 0