Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf6cyl View Post
I don’t understand your view. Show me another 3200 lbs car with 500 hp that can lap the Ring in under 7 mins. What “better chassis” cars with the same hp and weight can even come close to that? The ACR can’t beat it with much more power, much more downforce, stickier tires and lower weight. The 488 can’t touch it. Hell, Mclaren couldn’t lap in under 7 mins with a 3000 lb mid engines 1000 hp hypercat and Porsche did it with more weight, far less hp and torque and less downforce to boot and less sticky tires. The only company who can really beat Porsche is Porsche.
What people tend to forget is that every car has inherent pros and cons, the 911 while sitting still may look wrong, while driving it is more balanced, better braking, better in so many ways. That’s part of why they are simply so hard to beat and while doing so with less hp and continue to be the bar to which all cars are judged and the one car that for decades everyone else has tried to beat and always falls short.

Calm down there, fanboy, lol.

Seriously though - how many new Porsche owners spend any time regularly at the ring? Two, maybe three?

I would venture to say that Porsche probably has a higher percentage of owners that actually track their car on occasion than any other brand, save maybe the Mazda Miata - but even with that, I would imagine that the total is far less than 10%.

I've driven many Porsche's for long periods of time, including a 991 Turbo S. The cars are fantastic, but I enjoyed the 458 Italia much more. It isn't always about speed and handling. There is also soul - something the new 911's don't offer.

Porsche builds great cars - but the best in the world? hmmmm....