Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbdurham17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
Get the black CP one they have listed for $22k less.
No thanks it's got zero options besides it's not about the cost of the new car it's about the best way to get out of my current lease with the least amount of $ out of my pocket
Gotcha. I thought it was more about the overall cost (new car plus taking the hit from the lease).

In that case, my guess is the best way to get out of the lease with the least amount of damage is to just ride it out until the end.

What do you think would be the total number of miles on the current lease if you keep it all the way until the end?
Yeah that's what I am trying to figure out the best deal on. I am ok with the car price could do without the individual color cost but my main concern is getting out of mine as cheaply as possible. I will probably end up about 60K - 65K if I don't do anything differently (drive my wife's car, buy a Jeep or truck which I need as my second car etc) to save miles so for my math I centered around the below:

Yep I agree keeping it until lease end and dealing with the mileage would probably be cheapest cash wise but since I am looking to buy and have it for awhile as my fun second car I am thinking differently

10 months lease payments with taxes of 14K which would go toward payoff of the new one since buying.
Estimated mileage charge at turn in on low end assuming a cant negotiate it out at that time anywhere from 9-10 K

So all in all trying to decide if it worth it to spend 17k now or 14k or possibly 24k over the next 10 months if I do have to pay all of the mileage

However if I wait I may be able to get a better deal on a 19 competition which would offset the mileage cost.

The payment albeit a good bit higher than my current lease payment is not far off what what I've seen many peoples lease payments posted for on here.
Appreciate 0