Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama 335i View Post
I would encourage you to go with the white/coral red combo for two reasons:

- This is a stunning combination--it really looks "right"

- Black looks stunning when it is clean, but black cars never stay really clean for more than a day or two. They are visibly covered with dust within 24 hr after washing, and a little rain or a drive through a small puddle will really mess it up. We have a black GMC Denali now, and we had a black STS before that (this is my wife's primary car and she, just like me, can choose whatever color she wants!). I use Zaino regularly and I use a California Duster until the car is too dirty to wipe down. And I wash the Denali as often as possible. But even with all that, I only get a few days to enjoy my really clean black car. White (or silver or gray or many other colors) are much easier to live with but they still look great.

- Even if you follow every conceivable precaution, black cars will eventually have some degree of visible swirling. You can mitigate those if you are very careful washing and waxing, and if you avoid car washes. But staying ahead of swirls will be a major challenge for as long as you own a black car.

That's my $.02. Good luck to you, and you will certainly enjoy your 3 series once you have it.
Everything he has stated is true about Jet Black, but oh, my, god, my car is still the shiniest piece of **** in any lot at night--even after 1-2 weeks of no washing.

(I have a jet black)

But yes, it looks much less appealing under direct sunlight hahaha.
Appreciate 0