View Single Post
      02-07-2019, 09:31 PM   #75
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyM View Post
Well I won't explain it any further because if you see the post I quote announcing my thoughts, you'll see why I bring up a 991.1 GT3, R8 V10 as well as a Mustang.
I do - and as I said - even if you could get a 991.1 GT3’s for 120-130K (unless GT3’s are that easy to get in your area) - they are not an all rounder. RWD - track specific car. Not RS specific - but the GT cars are track focused. 2+2. Plus - that second car is going to put you out another 50-80K - minimum. Now a Turbo or Turbo S - are the true all rounders in the Porsche line up with performance - though still 2+2, they are AWD. The Mustang piece we already covered. They dont directly compete - and the Mustang is not beating an M5 Competition on almost any track. That said - and as I have stated before - no car in the M5’s class is a track car. And you agree. They can do track - and pretty impressively well when you think a 997.1 Turbo couldn’t run the Nurburgring in much under 8!minutes (nor could the 997 GT3).

Neither of the cars you name are luxury cars either. Nor do they have the luxury amenities of - for example - massaging seats (which I use every day). Long distance cruisers in any weather. The Aston is a weekend car. Although it out-GT’s your two GT examples by a mile. Especially on the luxury side. But the Aston comes up short performance wise and isn’t AWD. So it loses out - all round - to the F90 M5. The best all rounder in its class. Which is why people buy it. One car - all tasks.
Appreciate 0