View Single Post
      02-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #73
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Since you seem to intimate people are mi-reading (although my comments were not from your post...but since you brought it up and quoted me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyM View Post
People pick Aston because of it's looks and 500hp too bit isn't bad. It's not faster than the F90 but it doesn't need to be. Depends on what you want from your car.

Prioritizing performance over form wouldn't lead to an F90 M5 at all if that your criteria.. Really? Why?an M5 is a fast grocery getter that is used all over the US as a DAILY DRIVER. It's an all around family sedan with 600hp. No need to explain it further. It's comfy and can keep up with fast cars in only a straight line. As it was already stated in the quote below - it is the quickest car in its class around the Nurburgring - and that is the standard F90 M5. Stating only short track work qualifies is silly. All this despite the fact - NO cars in this class are track cars.

M5 is only good in 1/4 mile runs. False. It's an all rounder. It isn't only good at straight line racing.

It won't out-handle cars at half it's price around a racetrack. Even a 2018 Mustang GT PP did a faster lap than the F90 M5 by almost 2 seconds around VIR and the F90 barely outpaced a 718 Cayman S (which has 215+hp less, more like 250hp if you include the understated hp figures from the M5). None of these cars are the F90's competition. I don't know why you are bringing these points up.

The only purpose an M5 has to offer is the fact that it's a comfy and super fast daily that you can go shopping with and have some minor fun on the weekends. If I'm spending 120k for performance over form.. why not both? I'd be looking at 991.1 GT3/2017 R8 V10 (non pluses) and keeping my money rather than blowing 50k of it away in 2 years time with buying a new M5. Just saying. This also doesn't compute. GT3's are much more expensive than a new F90 M5. As is an R8 V10. So I don't understand the "extra 50K" comment. I also don't understand what your other car is on top on your 991.1 GT3?
I hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
The
M5 set the record for the Quickest Lightning Lap everrrr for a 4 door sedan at VIR.......not bad.....
^This.
Appreciate 1