Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by delrosa81 View Post
For people who prioritise on image and swagger, if given just 2 choices, aston and the bmw, choosing the aston would be a natural choice.

For someone whom prioritises performance over form, the F90 M5, would be the natural choice.

For me however, if finances permit and I only have these 2 choices, I would get both and drive them for different occasions. if I could only afford one, the F90 M5 it is. it is one thing to look fast, if challenged however and you are being smoked frequently in such challenges, it does feel fustrating especially if U spent quite a fair bit of dough on the car.

F90 would be a natural choice for me.
Interesting to read the comments here. I honestly have no idea who the M5 is for other than people with too much money who also want some practicality and can't own two cars. Don't get me wrong the m5 is impressive but what exactly is it for? It doesn't have the driving feel or the price accessibility to be a good track car. It doesn't have the civility or fuel economy for straight commuting. It doesn't grab attention (at least, the kind of attention you want). And it's pretty expensive. The Aston on the other hand is a completely different animal. It looks absolutely insane. It's driving position is low, it's loud, its sporty. It's a pure weekend car--it knows what it is.

I owned an E39 M5 and that car made sense to me. It was light enough, had a manual transmission, an insane motor, and was the right size. The F90 is massive, has way too much power, is completely sterile to drive, and comes in automatic and AWD. I don't get it--at least I don't get it when you are comparing to a Vantage. There's no contest for me. Like for those of you (on the M5 board no less) saying you would "take the M5 hands down" I just can't wrap my head around that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwulffy View Post
Aston is cool but they are humongous POS's

Would take the more understated, quality, and faster M5 any day
What is this based on? Your assessment of Astons from 15 years ago?
I own a V12 vantage and will own a new style one when available. The vantage is not a track car, it's a really good getting an upfront space at the valet at your favorite restaurant car.

I have driven the new vantage and my M5 on the track. (I am a member of Atlanta Motor Park). The M5 is a much better track car and it is not even close...

I like these guys who just post shit with no knowledge or experience. If you don't own one or have spent significant time behind the wheel you shouldn't make general statements about what it is or isn't