United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
2 things in my life are interceding:
- the purchase next spring of an F80
- a trip with the fam-damily to europe.

The plan is to make the trip during specific spring break/easter weeks (for YYC, they will essentially be back to back next year). I've thought a lot about doing an ED at the same time (would save the need to rent wheels), but I am not sure how precisely one can time an ED date. In this case, the trip will be somewhat planned well in advance (dates and flights fixed, exact itinerary in between less so).

If I could be confident knowing well in advance (ie: 6 months) that I can get the car on an exact date, that is good. But if it is (as I suspect) more of a 'should be on that day, plus or minus a few days' that doesnt work.

Any experience/comments?
Your order can be submitted 3-4 months in advance where you will have a confirmation typically within a week of order date. I have never heard of anyone being able to book six months out. The issue becomes the financing and paperwork which has to be completed only at specific times. When you place your initial order the dealer does not run the financing/leasing until 30 days out from your delivery and no sooner than 60 days to lock in rates. If for whatever ever reason there is an issue with paperwork this may cause a problem transportation wise. I would simply say if you are confident there will be no issues with reaching a good deal the best as far as notice is likely 4 months away.
Appreciate 0