View Single Post
      11-27-2018, 11:20 PM   #18
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringtaxi View Post
This preview is garbage and I agree the M4 GTS should've been used but I have high hopes for the real video I love these cars real enthusiast.
Is the M4 GTS wearing an M3 badge? No it is not. It is wearing an M4 GTS badge. That was BMW Marketing’s doing. So, Carfection got it right. You don’t put the M4 in when comparing the all of the M3s. Now, since the OG M3 was a coupe, chances are they used all coupes, but it was the F8X gen where they split the coupe and sedan into M4 and M3. Awkward, yeah. So, I could see an argument to use the E30 M3 coupe and E46 Coupe, as the M3 for those generations came only in coupe form (I forgot the reason why they killed the idea of an e46 M3 sedan) and then use sedans for the other generations. Which then starts making it more convoluted, because the e36 HiPo variants came in coupe form, as did the e9X, even though they did make a e90 CRT, which didn’t have the rear wing and stripped out interior. And let’s not forget the e46 M3 GTR Strassen Version with the V8, only like 6 were made. So, not really a production model.

So, now you see what happens when we start making exceptions for the M4 GTS which we all know is an M3 coupe GTS in a logically correct world devoid of greedy marketing entities?
Appreciate 0