01-14-2016, 08:58 AM   #19
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORM235i View Post
BMW M2 is going to, by far, be a better daily car than a Porsche. While for most, neither of those car are daily cars, the M2 will be significantly easier to live with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25
Really depends on what you want out of your DD to be honest. I don't find my 981 uncomfortable at all - in commuting or in a few 2-3 hour drives that I have taken in it.

Now, if you're looking for a soft and really compliant ride - no, there are certainly cars that will do that more effectively. Your 235 is one of them.
This. I'm DDing my GT4 with the lightweight buckets and I have zero complaints. Scraping that I had feared would be a big issue turns out to be very rare, the suspension that I feared would be very harsh on regular roads turns out to be just firm like the E9x M3's EDC between Normal and Sport, so entirely livable, and the buckets that I thought might be uncomfortable for long drives turn out to be the most comfortable seats I've ever used. I drove 2 hours non-stop on the freeway in them and got out with zero aches or pains, and my wife was able to nap in them! Sure getting out takes a bit more effort, but even that isn't very difficult with just a tiny bit of practice. And there's even a surprising amount of cargo capacity in this car!

Granted I have access to my wife's Mini if I need to move something very large, so it isn't technically the only car available, but it's MY only car, so a regular 981 could absolutely be DDed as long as you didn't regularly need more than 2 seats.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0