01-13-2016, 08:50 AM   #10
TomAce
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: M2 (F87)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
IMHO it`s all a matter of perception and personal preference.

I traded in my Cayman GTS on an M2 because I didn`t like the seating position and the steering characteristics.
The CGTS is an excellent sports car, but only when you step on it, it needs high revs to have driving fun, just for moderate driving the car will not be done justice.
The M2 will be more allround in driving, not necessary as visceral as the CTS, but for DD for sure no lesser car.
That's somehow also my complain about the Cayman R I test drove last summer.

It's just not that fast. You really have to rev that engine, because low/mid-rpm torque is not that great and you hope after 5000 rpm it'll really goes, but it doesn't... Beyond 6500 rpm there's no real need to go further, not like in the good old days of my first Honda CRX Vtec...

Sound is great, but in the end this is not what's it all about. Riding comfort is really good.

I was really disappointed to my own surprise. Matt Farah made a real good Review about the Cayman R and the 1M coupe. And I can fully confirm his view about the two cars.

The 1M of a friend of mine truly blew me away. Great sound and an engine that really goes, especially beyond 4500 rpm.

That's why I'm now in the BMW camp and am really looking forward to my M2 which will hopefully be available mid April!
Appreciate 2