View Single Post
      01-11-2016, 10:39 PM   #2
dammitcubs
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 LBB

Dude. I'm in the same boat as you.
  • I'm on the Waiting list at BMW Mountain View in California - #4 - Worried that I won't get the M2 until 2017
  • I found a Boxster S for around 55K with under 5K miles with all the features I want -I would have to retrofit the Sports Exhaust. (2014 model)
  • Found a GTS model which looks to be around 65K and that is also enticing.

I have driving the Cayman and Boxster S and they were so much fun to drive. i had it for about 4 days. I don't know what to expect out of the M2. I'm planning on going into the dealer to try an M235i so i can make a better decision. One thing is for sure, you can't go wrong. These are the decisions in life you want to have.

But I think if you were speccing a brand new Cayman S or Boxster, then the price doesn't make any sense. The M2 wins easily but a used Cayman and Boxster all that BS options are lost - might work out.

Another thing to really consider -- If the M2 is that hard to get, and you are not high in the waiting list, how long will it take for you to get one? Also, trying to find a dealer (especially in California for me) to give me MSRP will be a challenge. I'm emailing my BMW dealer now to get some assurances. If I hear "mark up", then my decision is a bit easier.
Appreciate 0