Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaleyess View Post
A military in the US can actually afford a M5... damned son.. a military in my country can only buy a scooter. Salute u guys. I can see military held up high in the state side. Over here, military is just a tool for politician to bully unarmed citizen that opposed to the ruling party.

We really don't pay our guys *that* well.

It's great that the OP can afford an M5 but the typical person in the US military is nowhere near that pay level.
US Military Officers with many years in, say about over 12 years, make very very good money, and can easily afford a $130k BMW M5. But they are very few. Most US Military have wives and kids they must take care of and don't really have the extra cash to buy a nice car.

But don't forget about US Diplomats too. A seasoned Diplomat at say the GS-14 pay scale or above also make excellent money. Diplomats also get a lot of Cost of Living adjustments for whatever country their in. But unless your a Diplomat who happens to be stationed in a nice Westernized 1st world country, you won't be really buying a new M5. Diplomats in Rwanda for example, won't be getting an M5 to drive around in that country. Although some Diplomats do indeed buy a car with their discount and then ship it back to the States to drive later when they get back, which I think doesn't make much sense either because as a career Diplomat your only option of going back to the US is going back to Washington DC which is a horrible area for owning any nice car.
Ive seen embassy personal driving X5M when I was in Paris. Pretty sure it was fitted to be a custom security vehicle.