Thread: 3GT vs 4GC
View Single Post
      04-19-2014, 06:09 AM   #13
w1k1nG
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F36 420d GC MG+CR

I have decided to follow the way of the 4GC product manager, Paloma Schmidt-Bräkling. On her recent interview, she suggested to see both cars next to another in real life to decide.
It's a pity that we have no chance for that in Turkey most probably until next year spring, but I'm planning to visit BMW Welt during my transit flight from Ankara to San Fransisco over Munich within May.

I have never been to BMW Welt, so is there anybody knows if all the cars are available to see there ? including 4GC and 3GT ?

Quote:
Interview with Paloma Schmidt-Bräkling, Product Manager BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe

How would you differentiate between the 4 Series Gran Coupe and the 3 Series Gran Turismo?

Paloma Schmidt-Bräkling: If you compare the proportions, the 3 Series GT is huge compared to the 4 Series Gran Coupe; it is nearly a 5 Series from the length perspective. So if you see them one next to another you can’t compare the two cars. Everybody asks me the question, but if you really see the cars next to each other, I think no customer will say “I like both; I don’t know which one to choose”. People who want very coupe lines, sporty, dynamic character will choose the Gran Coupe, and the people who will need more space than you have here will choose the Gran Turismo, because there the legroom in the back and the trunk is fantastic for a 3 Series.
Appreciate 0