View Single Post
      08-21-2007, 07:51 AM   #9
ducati
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjoker View Post
Well let me explain what I meant by "blow out of the water". What I meant is that I hope the 135i is more fun to drive. And what I mean by more fun to drive is exactly what you stated: tossable. I hope that it is more nimble and quick on its feet with more responsive steering and throttle. I don't really care that much about making 400hp at the wheels by turning up the boost on the turbos, I just care about how it makes me feel when I'm driving it.
I don't think it will be "tossable" at all--it's still going to be a >3200lb car.

Will it be more fun than the 3er? Probably a little, all depending upon the tuning of the MSport suspension. Although the 130i MSport sounds like a fun car, it apparently has its own idiosyncrasies, including a soft rear to promote traction (lack of LSD!). It will be interesting to see what DSC+ brings to the table, my experience with electronic limited slip devices indicates that they are becoming quite advanced, although still not as good as a true LSD.

But that experience is with offroaders, so I'm not sure if BMW can pull it off with a high performance road car. I hope so.

Back to the main thread: I highly suspect there's great power to be had in this engine, although it remains to be seen how much it can take before the "pop." We have plenty of time for tuners to gather their info and make a reliable package. Probably the only good thing about this wait...
Appreciate 0