View Single Post
      07-27-2008, 01:38 PM   #18
DerekSelmanRacing
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Z4 3.0 SMG, 01 530

The difference that significant addl ft negative camber makes on these cars is HUGE. I'm using TC Kline ft camber plates allowing me about 3 degrees negative camber. I have cracked both strut tower to firewall braces and currently have a bmw oem strut tower brace on order. From what I gather, the firewall strut brace breakage is not that unusual on cars driven hard. I'm going to have mine reinforced and welded.

Yes, increased negative camber will result in increased tire wear on the street if not reversed. Before I would make recommendations to you on modding your car, I would like to know what YOU (or a qualified driver) think is wrong with it. If you haven't had enough track driver education to realize what the car is doing, you probably should spend money on driver ed and not the car. Is it pushing...where...turn-in,apex,exit...type of tires and pressures cold/hot...has stock alignment been checked????

If you feel the stock Z4 suspension needs improvement for the street, my opinion is you are driving beyond the level of safety on the street.

Don't know what's available in your area as far as track days or track driver ed. I do quite a bit with NASA (nasaproracing.com) in their hpde program...it's a gas.
Appreciate 0