View Single Post
      02-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
NBTBRV8
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCi E60 530i

Drop the roof lining a bit and run it through to the interior light and plug it in to the new microphone

Run the loom through to the navigation module and then insert two more speed nuts in to the holder as the professional navigation unit is held in by 4 screws, instead of the business navigation’s two.

The two electrical connection plugs X13813 and X13814 are sided and the socket housing I ordered was for the wrong side, so I had to file the tab off it so it worked and slotted in to the main X13812 plug. I inserted the pins in to the plugs as per the EBA without any problem.

Next I lifted up the centre console trim and replaced the controller which is held in by 4 torx screws. The iDrive knob and surround fits straight on to the new controller

I then ran the new professional navigation LDVS cable down the dash as per the EBA and tied back the old one which is clipped in and can’t be removed easily. Take note that the purple end goes to the screen.

Lastly I then fitted everything back up for the next step of coding it to the car.
Appreciate 0