View Single Post
      07-31-2023, 11:21 AM   #8
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Went with Marlin. He did a good detailing job.

However, he quoted me $600 and then sprung $750 on me picking it up. I was fine with more given how dirty it was, but it was supposed to have included some paint correction, of which he did very little. I really expected a bit more given how he sold it. He painted in a little chip but maybe did one single coat so it's not even flush with the surrounding paint. There are also plenty of other spots that he didn't even attempt to polish out or fix. Not really sure what I paid for.

Really tired of people not following through on what they say they're going to do. I had an appointment to detail my beater, but I'm going to cancel. It was a great detail, but seriously.... what a damn ripoff.

The "full" paint correction is $800, so I guess I should be led to believe that an extra $50 would have had all of that stuff actually done. The one chip I referenced above was the one place I wanted fully repaired, and that was understood but not actually done.

Edit: Thought I'd update after getting the right roof "rail" fixed after Ceramic Pro (aka Lux) in Franklin had damaged it. I'll never forget David acting like they didn't damage it and shrugging his shoulders at pointing out them having lifted the rail out and the big scratch they left in the trunk. Dick. Anyway, Marlin also called a while back and left a very long voicemail. I didn't get past the first few seconds and deleted it. The bottom line is his detail was top notch. My issues were him jacking up the price without explanation and not following through on the paint chip. That was it.

Last edited by nerdogray; 04-27-2024 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0