ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stever500 View Post
Did the price of the M5 Competition JUST go up another $2k this month? I rebuilt a car in the configurator and it's at least $2k more yesterday. I noticed no one has mentioned it on the forum so I'm wondering what the exact price increase was. If our car is on a ship heading here and we signed an order agreement months ago, we should be good, right? They won't apply the new price increase to the car we agreed on and put a deposit on? Thx.
I don't have the answer to your first question as to whether the price went up. However, your second question depends on whether you signed a P+SA based on an agreed upon, already structured deal. If you did, the increase, if there is one, will not affect you. If you did not, the dealer may give it you at the previous price, but may not if they don't want to, and are certainly not required to. This is the general rule of cars ordered as opposed to purchased off the lot.

When I placed an order for my second M5, the deal was negotiated and the P+SA signed on the day I submitted my build code to the dealer, which was the day they submitted the order to BMW, but only after the deal was finalized.