02-16-2023, 05:07 AM   #30
cjb762
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is, MG 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
It was a great burn. I blame that it was first thing in the morning that I didn’t think of it right away. Basically you’re calling yourself a shitty driver because you’re an American. It’s awesome. Of course we all know that you really meant that everybody else all the other 319,999,999 Americans are all shitty drivers and not you. But you didn’t say that.

It seems to me that perception is much different than reality.

https://driving-tests.org/worlds-best-drivers/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Rutt Ro, this data kinda makes the point clear between the world's best drivers (cough-cough... Germany) and the USA...
Regarding the "sick burn" - when you explain it that way, it's honestly even worse. Don't quit your day job Don Rickles.

Regarding the incontrovertible data in the "report" you provided - I'll give you a B for effort, but I'm afraid I can't do better than a D- for reading comprehension.

First, the "data" comes from a survey of "521 Americans and 504 international citizens about their driving perceptions and behaviors." So, at best, it is exactly as authoritative as my personal experiences and perceptions. (i.e. it is not).

Second, and even worse, is it doesn't say what you seem to think it says. Here are some key takeaways:

- Only 14.9% of US respondents thought the US had the best drivers. That means that 85.1% of US respondents thought drivers in other countries are better - including 8.7% who thought drivers in Germany were better.

- When it comes to international respondents, 19.3% thought that Germany had the best drivers, while only 2.3% thought the US did. Rutt ro...

- For worst drivers, a full 16.4% of American respondents thought the US had the worst drivers - that's almost 2% more than thought the US had the best drivers. Pretty telling.

- Finally, nearly 61% of the US respondents perceived themselves as "above average" drivers. Incredible talent pool, or a bunch of people lacking a solid perception of reality? I guess we'll never know.

Last edited by cjb762; 02-16-2023 at 05:18 AM..
Appreciate 0