View Single Post
      01-22-2019, 01:58 PM   #117
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Very, very comprehensive post that should be read by all new modders.

I installed 8 different Turbos, 4 different engines, 4 different transmissions, I forgot how many torque converters, on the Hawk until I reached my goal. For 40 years I was caught up in “faster, faster,faster”. Fun , but a TREMENDOUS amount of work. Finally changed my ways. I have a 5 position switch in the center console. It stays on position 1 now. That is an 8.85 at 158mph pass. Keeps it simple. Position 3 is the video posted above. Not doing that anymore. Spun the entire pass.

Now I just enjoy my definition of “Overachiever “ with Blunt Force Acceleration. The F90 is there “for me”. TurboS, I hope so....
Thanks Onfire - and again we are on the same page. All new cars have the FBO and tune limit for me.
The multiple changes, swaps, breaks, fixes, changes, testing, tuning - repeat - over 2+ years was a great experience that I will cherish - and one I do not need to repeat. I also have boost map adjustability on the fly in the car and it also produces a high 8 second pass at about 160 MPH - which is exactly where I will keep it lol.

Appreciate 1
onfireX53619.50