View Single Post
      01-25-2020, 06:43 AM   #56
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I moved to Miami a couple months ago from St. Louis, and I have one thing to say: if you don't like overcrowding, massive congestion, and taking 45 minutes to travel 3 miles or less during rush hour times stay far clear of this city. I purposely chose my apartment to be around three miles from my office thinking traffic would not be an issue, lol was I wrong. Last night it rained, and it took me 78 minutes to go the 3 miles from my office to my apartment (6PM-7:18PM). Insane.

If this town had 80% less people, it would be absolute paradise. I'm living in Doral by the way, gorgeous area but holy crap the traffic/overcrowding is epic. I'm told it gets better from late April-October due to snowbirds going home, schools being out for the Summer, etc. We shall see!

I do love the temperatures in winter though, wow is it nice here now.
i can echo similar thoughts about Miami-

1) weather is great and that's probably the #1 plus albeit this Dec and Jan have not been nearly as nice as last year
2) the people here suck, its extremely unfriendly and rude
3) traffic is unlike anything else as you effectively only have 2 highways (I95 and turnpike)

I would always recommend FL... no state income tax, overall lower cost living etc... perhaps this is why it's the state that most people are moving to... but I would probably steer clear of the Miami area unless you are looking for a hectic lifestyle. If my job offered remote work capabilities, there is no chance I would live in this part of FL.
Appreciate 2
NickyC17439.00