09-16-2021, 07:42 AM   #92
MackSea70
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C, 2020 Tesla Y LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
I got a call from my CA earlier this evening. The Sales Manager and my CA were finally able to get their BMW NA regional sales rep on the phone. They still have no idea why my car went from week 35 to 37, and then all the way to week 44. However they did have her run my production number by the parts purchasing manager and confirmed my car will still get the B&W as ordered. Apparently any orders that were accepted prior to week 35 that had the B&W optioned will get it. My CA said that BMW’s systems that manage vehicle production talk real-time to their suppliers systems. So when new vehicle orders are accepted by BMW the parts to build the cars are automatically ordered.

Given this, here’s my revised best guess of what’s going on with all of our production slots moving around. It sounds like BMW heard from the B&W supplier around week 35 they were having supply issues for new systems being ordered. So BMW pulls the B&W system as an option. But prior orders that already had the B&W system parts allocated to them had to be rescheduled for when the parts are expected to arrive at the factory.
I truly hope you get your car w the B&W. But also - I know my order was accepted well before week 35. (I placed my order on 7/14 and was scheduled for production that week for a week 36 build). At the same time, I just can't see BMW reducing the total output of the factory to hold builds for this option. Reduced factory output = reduced revenue.

I'm scheduled to start production next week (but no B&W shows on my build any longer). Let's hope at least that holds.
Appreciate 0