View Single Post
      06-14-2022, 11:48 PM   #10
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedm5f90 View Post
thanks Maverik; does FCP have the 0w oil that the 2022 M5 specifies or is the 5w fine as well? Also my local shop is quoting about 180 for oil change (Moli + filter etc. included) - is that reasonable? I am also in VA.
Yes fcp has all oil weights, you have to look up the oil filter kit for a 2018 m5, and the main issue is that it doesn't come with the drain plug for the oil filter housing (which is a 1 time use part and will leak if you take it out and don't replace it) on any 22 m5s built after I want to say nov/December of 21. Only way to currently get this part is through bmw directly and only by buying their oil filter kit. (I'm still looking for a part number myself) 180 for an oil change is RIDICULOUS, the dealership doesn't even charge that much. Personally I think the 0w-30 is extremely thin, after about 45 minutes cool down it came out of the car like water, felt like I was draining my radiator not my oil pan. But that's bmws emissions weight oil, they changed from 5w40 in like 2019 I want to say? If you plan on pushing the car I'd definitely recommend thicker oil at least for summer, but keep in mind with thicker oil you really should not push the car at all until it's warmed up (at least in my opinion and experience)
Appreciate 2