View Single Post
      12-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #11
cruxxe
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENINTY View Post
Even though I recommend getting the Bentley repair manual, I think it lacks in a few areas as well, but it is better than not having any documentation at all. Sorry, I didn't read you last post all the way, I now see that you did consider using another pad.

If you are going to work on your car, then get a decent metric tool set from Craftsman (not the crap the sell at autozone). The E90 uses a lot of specialty fasteners like Torx and E-Torx bolts, Allen-head bolts, and get a good set of 1/4 drive sockets and extension bars and 1/4 universals.

Also get a BMW scan tool; you need a BMW scan tool to maintain the E90. The thing always throws codes that don't illuminate the Service Engine Soon (SES) - OBDII light. If you are near 100,000 miles start checking for water pump slow speed codes.
I'm really thinking about cleaning up this brake issue and then selling privately to break as even as possible, and getting a CPO 08-09'. I made a big mistake when I bought this car and went through Carmax. Won't ever do that again.

I forgot to mention; when I removed my old driver side front rotor I noticed that it had a lip along the end - where you see the pad where on it. Does this mean that these have been turned in the past? The new rotors are smooth from contact surface to edge-of-rotor.
Appreciate 0