First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfolife View Post
Hey Joe and GATX. As you both mentioned some cars including mine came with the 5th wire. When I did the swap I unpinned and then secured and covered the rear fog wire with electrical tape. From following this thread I was able to have full functionality with one issue. When I scanned the car it always showed this "Short circuit left and right outer lights". Sometimes shutting down the car would help as that seems to have allowed the BDC to reset itself and everything would work. However the latest code I'm getting as mentioned is "I've exceeded allowable short circuit resets." So I'm thinking either a fuse has blown at the BDC and or the unit will need to be recoded to allow power to the upper portion of the left side tail light.
I have not touched anything at the BDC nor did I run any extra wires from inner to outer as mentioned.
I am hoping that these lights are in fact OEM Bmw and not a knock-off made to look OEM. Going to dig and see if the BDC does have replaceable fuses for each light function as I'm stumped and driving around with a brake light not working.
It sounds like coding and I have seen people "lose" coding so it is not out of the realm of possibilities that they need to be recoded, but I am guessing you have already exhausted that path with Vic who probably told you about the short circuit errors.

I got my lights from Abdul as well as you know. I have a pretty good eye for knock offs and mine were 100% legit. Part numbers, labeling and packaging was all BMW. Just weighing in, but who knows?? I have not had any issues with my Euros other than noticing something well after coding that needed to be tweaked by Vic and took him 10 minutes. I really didn't spend too much time checking all functionality after install. The brakes lit up and the blinkers worked and I called it a success. The outers weren't braking though which I discovered later, but he coded it.

I am stumped. That 5th wire on US lights was my best hunch. Keep us posted and I will dig around too.
Just did the install for the Euro spec LCI's sourced from Abdul. Lights look 100 percent OEM.
Appreciate 0