View Single Post
      09-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

Good review. I've been strongly considering it as my next vehicle. I'm 6'5" and find it challenging to find anything I can drive comfortably and still have a usable seat behind me. The 3GT left excess room - felt like much more than a 5 series sedan - didn't try a 7 like many of the video reviews suggest.

I test drove a 335 with no "line" and found it quite basic w/o leather and unpleasant on the exterior w/o the M Sport line or the 19s. The proportions of this car only look right to me with 19s (could pose a problem w/o all-seasons for me here in Chicago).

After driving that first 335 I could get my hands on in the Chicago area which had no line, I spent about an hour with an M Sport the following weekend. I really, really like it. It just seems like an great balance of performance and practicality and it looks good doing it. An A7 is a bit too pretentious for me to drive to the office. I also considered the touring - the design is great and if the 335 was available here it would be a no brainer.

In my research I've also found myself wanting to check out the X6 before ordering the 3GT. However, it sounds like a long overdue redesign is coming in the next couple of years so I've stopped letting myself consider it - maybe to replace the 3GT in a few years :]

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0