View Single Post
      10-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #98
LongBeachDinanFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Look at the prior dyno graphs in the first post by Ben and that will give you a great data point for the RC potential. I used the JB4 for 2 months on Map 1 without the EWG. I’ve used RC on my F90 for a week and on my F85 for 2.5 years. Both units have stock like power delivery. The RC is for the “set it and forget it” guys with very solid Stage 1 , safe, performance gains. JB4 is more for the guy that wants more than Stage 1 performance gains and is willing to log, add octane through race gas, boosters, meth injection, etc to get even more power. Both are great at what they do.
It sounds like RaceChip is a viable option I just have a hard time understanding why someone would choose that over JB4 except to save money. From the looks of it you can run the JB4 in basic mode with out the extra connections and have the same thing, or attach extra connections and make a lot more power, have a lot more tuning control, read/delete codes (important for warranty), do real logs to see how safe tuning is. How much cheaper is the RaceChip?
Appreciate 0