09-24-2020, 10:22 PM   #9
Jonathan G.
Rep
Drives: CLS55 AMG , Audi S6 Presige, F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
I assume that's 305/30 and 295/30? Are you running Michelin SC2 also? No rubbing on the plastic at full lock in front? I'm lowered slightly, is your car also? Oh, just remembered I'm on a 10" wide front rim, but that probably doesn't make any difference. What's your front rim width?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan G. View Post
Are these 295/35-20 in front and 305/35-20 in rear?
With what wheels and what are their offsets ?
Are you at stock ride height or lowered ?
No rubbing at all in the front turning from lock to lock?
Thanks!
Lowered on Eibach Springs

Michelin PS4
295/35/20
305/35/20

Wheels are the Titan7
20x11 +22
20x12 +30

Front pushes out 16mm vs stock
Rear pushes out 8mm vs stock

The only time I sense a rub is backing out of my garage and doing a full lock adjustment before pulling back forward (sort of a three point turn out of the M5 spot). It is extremely minor and I do not notice it pulling into the garage.

If you remember the old cars when the PS pump would whine at full lock and if you just let 1 ftlb of pressure off the lock then it would be quiet. Same, just don't try to muscle the wheel at lock and it won't rub.
This info and photos are very helpful! Thanks!
The Titan 7 forged wheels are the ones i want so this is particularly valuable insight fo me.
My motivation for wider tires is the greater side wall height for improved ride comfort without going down to 19" wheels.
I therefore will not be lowering the M5 but am also interested in the MSS coils for improved ride comfort on bad northeast roads.
Titan recommends 285/35 & 295/35 but i like how you went 10mm more both front and back.
The other alternative is 285/35 in front and 305/35 in the rear - this would eliminAte any rubbing risk in front lock to lock , but at the cost of greater tire circumference difference between front and back and this increased stress on the awd differential bc of it.
Your stagger of 20mm width difference between front and back also makes more sense than the stock 10mm difference. I cant get over this silliness. Imho, if one is only doing a 10mm stagger, then why bother and have the advantages of a square wheel and tire set up like audi quattro does!
Appreciate 0