United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafichicago View Post
Success! 🤪

So struts and springs replaced. Test drove the car this morning. Bumps absorption in comfort mode softer but not too soft. It's the way those cars should come from the factory. In sport plus you can literally feel every road imperfection there is. To me it seems like the strut/spring absorption range is much improved over regular 2018-2020 M5. Definitely well with it for people like me that felt that the car is tad to harsh on poor quality roads in comfort mode. I'd like to thank everyone that took its time to reply with any and all help.
So you're saying you found the base suspension "too harsh" in comfort mode? And the LCI comp suspension is softer than the base suspension?

This doesn't seem right. But to each their own. Glad we finally have an answer as to if they'll bolt up. Next time take some pics and provide a diy to help others in their modifications! Best thing about these forum.
Pre LCI M5 is tuned differently from LCI M5 that has setup from M8. It's definitely softer in comfort mode than pre LCI M5. It's the fact. New struts are valved differently. Rear springs look differently as well.
Appreciate 0